Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chocolate!

Ever wish you could have all those fancy chocolates without the dairy? Well now you can! I have started with Cherry Bombs and Coconut Roughs as they're two of my favs and super easy.


Cherry Bombs
You'll need;
1/2 cup Dessicated coconut
120ml soy creamer (carnation make this, with the condensed milk and stuff)
100g Glaze Cherries or the real deal if you want!
10g Copha
120g Chocolate ( I use the sweet williams stuff)

Combine the coconut, creamer and cherries in one bowl. Mix until even. 
Melt the copha and broken up chocolate in a double saucepan.
Roll the coconut and cherry mixture into little balls then using a tea spoon roll through the chocolate
Place on a baking paper covered plate and refrigerate. Voila! Cherry bombs!


Coconut Rough

You'll need
10g Copha
120g Chocolate (I use the sweet williams stuff)
1 cup dessicated coconut
Cookie Cutters

Preheat oven to 200.
Spread coconut evenly over a baking tray. Bake for 5 mins or until golden brown
Meanwhile,  melt the copha and broken up chocolate in a double saucepan.
Mix coconut into melted chocolate then pour into cookie cutters on a tray lined with baking paper.
Refrigerate and you have yourself a delicious coconut treat!

In other news, I have all the shots back from my shoot with Photographer Laura Ashley. I am so very happy with them! She is an absolute darling to work with too.  I am planning something quite big and exciting for Christmas time which she is involved in. So watch this space!


Some of her photos (including some of my shots *squee!*) are up at The Cave at the Gold Coast. Definitely worth checking out. 

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Coconut Rough!

    I would LOVE some of this for Christmas! :D

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make yourself some as a present then!

    ReplyDelete