Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easy Beany Cheesey Vegan Savory Muffins

Want a yummy quick snack on the go? Well these babies are perfect! They also make a fantastic light lunch when served with salad. I made over 100 of these in miniature form for my 21st and they were gobbled up very quickly.  I often find it troublesome finding a quick protein snack when I'm in a hurry so I put Bertolli beans in this, I also use organic spelt self- raising flour as I find it easier on the tum than wheat flour.


You'll need; 
250g self raising flour (or mix half wholemeal and half white flour for a healthier version) 
1 tsp baking powder/bi carb soda 
75g nutelex or vegetable oil 
150ml soy milk
1 tsp no-egg
1 cup chopped cooked asparagus
1 cup chopped tomatoes (or 3/4 of a tin of tomatoes)
1 tin corn
1 tbsp basil
1 tin bertolli beans
Soy Cheese



How to make them;
Mix the flour, baking bowder, nutelex, soy milk and no egg (made up) in a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a dough.
Then add all of the vegetables and mix until they're evenly distributed. Put into a greased muffin tin and bake at 180C for 20 mins.
Meanwhile grate some of the soy cheese. Once muffins have finished their 20 mins in the oven, sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 5 mins.
Let them cool just enough so they don't burn your tongue and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment